“Give in plenty, with both hands give” – Pujya Gurudev Swami Chimayananda – Discourses on Taittiriya Upanisad
We are a non-profit organization registered with the US government and all donations are tax deductible (Tax ID# is 46-3068853). The activities of Chinmaya Mission Portland are made possible by the continuous support of our members and well-wishers. We strive to:
- Impart value-based spiritual education to children and youth.
- Vedanta classes for adults.
- Organize Yajnas, camps and retreats.
- Celebration of all the major Hindu festivals.
We welcome your donations. You can contribute either by checks payable to “Chinmaya Mission” and mail to:
Chinmaya Mission Portland
3551 NW John Olsen Pl
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Or, donate securely using this button, you do NOT need a paypal account to donate:
There are a variety of ways in which you can contribute to the mission.
Become a Chinmaya Mission Member.
Join our family – members pay an annual membership fee of $400, which includes a subscription to the CMW newsletter and Tapovan Prasad, participation in Balavihar and adult study classes
Become a Chinmaya Parivar Member.
“In Bhaja Govindam, Sri Adi Shankaracharya states that satsang (the company of good people) is the first step to spiritual realization.”
The Chinmaya Mission Portland Parivar (family) is one such satsang – a group of members who support the activities of Chinmaya Mission with their ideas and their financial support. CM Portland Parivar members contribute $250 per month to the day-to-day operational expenses of the Mission for a commitment of four years. The Parivar members and their families meet once a quarter at a member’s house for an exclusive dinner and satsang with the visiting Acharya of that quarter. All members also receive an annual subscription to the Mananam Series publications from Chinmaya Mission. If you are already a subscriber to Mananam series, then you can choose to gift your subscription to a friend or family member.
Chinmaya Portland Giving Tree
The Chinmaya Giving Tree will have the names of donors in three categories- Gold ($20,000), Silver ($10,000) and Bronze ($5,000). The donations can be made in two installments. The tree will be prominently displayed in the lobby after the center’s formal inauguration For more information please contact Surekha Reddy, TK Ramchandar or Kishore Pathial.
Donate to the Chinmaya Haridwar Fund
Building expansion and major upgrades are paid through cash contributions made by members and other donors. For more information on donation categories please contact us at (503)299-4091.
Donate to the Haridwar Sahyog Fund
FAQS about Haridwar Sahyog Fund
1. What is Haridwar Sahyog Fund?Haridwar Sahyog Fund comprises of Zero Interest Loans given by any participant to Chinmaya Mission Portland for a period of 4 or more years.
2. What is the objective of the Haridwar Sahyog Fund?Each loan amount will be used exclusively to pay our existing mortgage and reduce interest cost.
3. What is the magnitude of financial benefit to Chinmaya Mission Portland (CMP)?Our mortgage will be $1.07 million. If left for the full 25 years, interest will be over half a million dollars. This program will substantially reduce or even eliminate this expense.
4. Can you provide process steps of the Haridwar Sahyog Fund program?Major steps are as follows:
I. Loan commitment: Send the completed pledge form to Chinmaya Mission Portland with a check. Suggested loan levels are: Platinum ($100,000+), Gold ($50,000), Silver ($25,000), and Bronze ($10,000). The loans are categorized into three groups for repayment: Group A (7 yrs.+), Group B (5 yrs) and Group C (4 yrs).
II. Acknowledgement Note: Each loan will be given an official written acknowledgement note with repayment date specified (Loans of $50,000 or more will be repaid in two installments; other loans will be repaid at the end of the loan period).
5. How much does giving this loan cost a donor?We estimate that the after tax cost (or lost opportunity to earn interest) to a donor will be quite low i.e. For every $5,000 loan cost will be $35/year-$105/year (based on 1%-3% interest & 30% tax)
6. Can I request the loan amount before the end of the term?In an emergency situation (submitted in a written request), we will do our best in repaying the loan before the term.
7. Are the loans secured?The loans are secured by the building of CMP.